- Situation 1 Can't import MP4, M4V or MOV to iTunes11
- Usually iTunes 11 does add MP4, M4V or MOV which is the native supported format by iTunes 11.
- However, iTunes will refuse to add those kinds of video files if you do not install QuickTime player on your computer. To solve can't add M4V, MP4, MOV to iTunes, the first try is to make sure the QuickTime player is installed in your computer, if not, you need to install QuickTime player as well as reinstall iTunes.
- If the QuickTime player is already installed in your computer, but you still cannot import MP4, MOV or M4V to the new iTunes 11, this will due to the video codec and specifications which do not meet the iTunes 11 demand. In this case, we need to convert them to iTunes supported one.
- Situation 2 Can't add AVI, MKV, WMV, MPG, VOB, ASF, FLV, WTV, MXF and etc to iTunes 11
- The reason is very simple for this situation, for those kinds of video formats are not iTunes supported ones. To import those movies to iTunes 11, we have no other choice but to convert them to iTunes more compatible video format like MP4 or MOV.
- Situation 3 Imported videos are listed under "Home Videos" instead of under "Movies" in Movie Library
- Below is a detailed guide on how to move videos from "Home Videos" to "Movies" in Movie Library in iTunes 11:
- Go to the particular movie in "Home Videos" section, on the movie, right click the mouse (for Windows users) or press Ctrl and click the mouse (for Mac users) to open the context menu, in the context menu, click on "Get info", the "Get info" window will pop up, switch to "Options" section, click the "Media Kind" drop down list to select Movie, finally click "OK" button, your movie will automatically moved to "Movies" section.
Solution to iTunes 11 won't import video issue or cannot add video MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, VOB, MPG, 3GP and etc to iTunes 11: http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/solution-on-cannot-add-videos-to-itunes.html
Free download the helpful tool to solve "can't add videos to iTunes 11".Bigasoft iTunes Video Converter for Windows:
http://www.bigasoft.com/itunes-video-converter.htmlBigasoft iTunes Video Converter for Mac: